- Catalonia independence due today, Catalonia president Carles Puigdemont says “he is ready for independence”. Watch this space for the euro.
- Strong earnings support stocks into record close, DOW holding above 23000.
- China GDP slows slightly 3rd Quarter.
- Treasury Yield Curve bear steepens, 10 year note price falls.
- Slight miss on Japanese data however it has been a strong year for Japans export market.
- Strong Aussie data with employment growth and a surprise fall in unemployment.
- Trump doesn’t support health care reform bill in its current form.
- North Korea statement informing of surprise attack in retaliation for US and South Korean naval drills.
Data and speakers
- 09:30 BST UK retail sales September, prev 0.1%, forcast -0.1%
- 13:30 BST US philli FED manufacturing, prev 23.8, forcast 22.0
- 14:30 FOMC member George speaks (Hawk).
GBP, AUD, YEN
Sterling – Short, miss on retail sales data coupled with brexit risks and wage growth stagnation.
Disclaimer: There is substantial risk in trading. A loss incurred in connection with futures trading be significant. Target Alpha Trading makes no claims whatsoever regarding passed or future performance. Any Strategy is for educational purposes only.